SA TV Profile
Name: Sound of Afghanistan (SA TV)
Slogan: The Future Starts Here
Founder: Marefat Civil Capacity Building Organization (MCCB)
Year Founded: 2020
Address: Gulistan-e-Marefat, Pol-e-Khoshk, Dasth-e-Barchi, PD13, Kabul, Afghanistan
Satellite: Yahsat 52.5 E
Symbol Rate: 27500
WhatsApp: +93 (0) 745 998 888
YouTube: SATV - تلویزیون سا
Initiated and managed by Dr. Samay Hamed back in 2016, SA was a small music band at Marefat High School. Dr. Samay helped the students with the lyrics and compose the anthems and songs at SA Music Band. Under his direct auspices, support, and guidance, SA presented dozens of pure and popular artistic works to the cultural community in Afghanistan.
Initiating the first edutainment TV channel in Afghanistan is the sixth step to accomplish the Marefat Civil Capacity Building Organizations' (MCCBO) 10-year strategic plan. SA TV has expanded the scope of the educational outreach of MCCBO in a global context.
The word SA in Pashto and Hazaragi dialects means "breath" which implies life and hope for a lively being. At the same time, SA contains the first and last letters of the Indian classic music note (Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Da Ne Sa). Likewise, it stands for "Sound of Afghanistan" in English and the "Anthem of Afghanistan – سرود افغانستان”, and “Image of Afghanistan” in Farsi.
SA TV's vision is to promote global citizenship through education in Afghanistan. We aim to reach a wide group of audience both inside and outside of Afghanistan. Thus, besides Afghans, the people in Iran, Pakistan, and Tajikistan who can understand Farsi and/or Pashto will be our target audience for the educational programs and shows of SA TV.
The TV will mainly concentrate on producing and airing civic education programs in the official languages of the country. Taking the first step towards its long journey, SA as an educational TV channel provides its audience, especially students and youth, with a platform to learn about the modern world, and the rich and expanded opportunities in it.
Our Mission in SA TV is:
1. To promote the foundations and values of human rights, democracy, civil society, and civil norms of life.
2. To promote modern education, modern societies, and Afghan religious and cultural values.
3. To promote critical thinking, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Our Goals in SA TV are:
1. To support all kinds of efforts to boost the context of peace, security, and coexistence among the citizens of Afghanistan.
2. To promote thoughts and behaviors based on tolerance, non-violence, and non-discrimination among the citizens of the country.
3. To strengthen the institutional relationship between the strata of the community and government officials both at the local and national levels.
4. To promote the rule of law, citizenship responsibility, and democratic participation in the everyday life of people.
5. To promote literacy, civic education, and modern science as the feasible and smooth path to a peaceful and welfare society.
Our Objectives in SA TV are:
1. To promote engaged citizenry.
2. To bolster the nascent democratic institutions in the country through its citizenship-oriented programs.
3. To contribute with a positive impact on the overall developments of the country.
SATV programs are directed through the following agenda:
· News on local and global educational developments;
· Marefat digital education & digital schooling;
· Engaged Citizenship;
· Students’ Talent Show;
· Creative Education: How to Teach & Learn;
· Life Skill;
· Music and Entertainment;
· Empowerment and “Peace on Earth Game” Documentaries: (Students & Faculty Community Service & Research Projects).
The programs will be developed and promoted both in terms of quantity and quality over time.
On Air Programs of SATV:
Some of the programs currently on air through SA TV are briefly described below:
· Borna: A program in the field of life, experience, and aspirations of the adolescent and youth. The
program focuses on:
1. Identity in adolescents;
2. Critical Thinking and Innovation in adolescent;
3. Motivation in adolescent;
4. The pursuit of a happy and prosperous life;
5. The power of thinking and decision making;
6. The smooth way to a desirable life.
· Ketab Khwan (Book-Reader): A program to introduce books and efficient methods of reading books and to promote the culture of book-reading in society. The program focuses on:
1. Introduction, critique, and promotion of book-reading;
2. Introduction of useful and good books to the readers ;
3. Highlighting the importance of book-reading;
4. Shedding light to differentiate between people who read books and those who do not.
· Zindagi Ziba (Beautiful Life): A program based on Empowerment workshops to help the audience to understand power, determine a well-calculated relationship with power, and the sane usage of power. The program focuses on:
1. Promoting the art of Empowerment to create a desirable life;
2. Mentoring the individuals to develop a trusted sense of respect for their true self;
3. Helping individuals to shift from pathological-oriented approach to vision-oriented approach;
4. Guiding individuals to learn about their wills, dreams and growing edges and how to nurture and achieve them.
· Khabar-e-Khob (Good news): A five-minute program to cover and spread the good news from both inside and outside of Afghanistan. The program focuses on:
1. Highlighting good and inspiring news on education, science, technology, and civic developments;
2. Providing the audience with a positive outlook on the world of beauty and creativity;
3. Contributing to a productive vision and aspirations of the public in general.
· Payam-e Akhlaqi (ethical message): A five-minute program featuring ethical patterns to the audience. The program focuses on:
1. Promoting ethical values in the community;
2. Providing people with a smooth context to share their ethical experiences through elaborating them in their frank words.
· Danesh (Education) A program on modern science and technology. The program focuses on:
1. Providing updates on technology and modern developments;
2. Providing fresh and trusted data, statistics, and resources for those interested in the field of research and explorations;
3. Introducing the latest innovations in science and human knowledge.
· Yademaan haa (the Reminders): A program to highlight the important personalities, events, and developments both inside and outside of Afghanistan. The program focuses on:
1. Highlighting life and legacies of dignitaries in the field of science, literature, art, and politics who have had notable impacts in the course of history;
2. Providing an educational context in which highlights of the history is reviewed as a case study with inspiring lessons to the present generation;
3. Forging a thoughtful connection between the present generation and their likes throughout the history in a global spectrum;
· Jadoye Sokhan (the Magic of Word): A program to feature well-known dignitaries with inspiring stories about their life, experience, achievements, shortcomings, and dreams. The program focuses on:
1. Highlighting the motivational stories on the life journey and experiences of dignitaries from different walks of life;
2. Providing the audience to get first-hand impressions from those who are reputed as the vanguards of the community;
3. Paving the way to an educational interaction between people and their role models in the society.
Some of the other exclusive programs in the list of SA TV’s agenda are:
1. Poetry and texts' declamatory;
2. Cartoon & Kids’ entertainment;
3. Short educational video clips with subtitles;
4. Shabe Cinema (Cinema Night)-Movie night;